----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday...

Where for art thou o' lost weekend? I can't believe it's already Monday again. The weekend blazed by. As you get older you realize that weekends aren't the fun playtime days they used to be. All of the sudden, there are things to do, chores to complete, errands to run, people to visit. You find yourself shoppng for pillows and comforters instead of going to the lake or taking a spur-of-the-moment roadtrip. Before you know it, you're spending more time in the bedding department or Crate and Barrel than you ever do in electronics or sporting goods stores...and I'm not even married!! Definitely relating with Edward Norton in Fight Club when he talks about material possesions. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hitting these places, especially if Ally and I are after something, but it's a scary realization when you start caring about matching kitchen items or when you know what a sconce is. I am sure the worst is yet to come. I've seen a few comrads sucked into the bottomless vortex of marriage never to be seen again and it's definitely discouraging. I don't want a marriage that opens up my head like a bear trap and sucks out my soul. I still think there is a better alternative and I'm given hope by my buddy Jeff's marriage. Balance is key.

Anyway...

The Cowboys get their first win of the season against the Browns yesterday. If you didn't see it you missed one of the ugliest wins I have ever seen the Cowboys pull off. I think some of the key factors of success for this game were:
1) The Cowboys didn't use the punter as the placeholder.
2) Jeff Garcia's Tazmanian devil girlfriend was kept at bay.
3) God is a Cowboys fan.

Parcells said it best: "It's not the kind of game I like to be involved with...but we got away
with it."
I just hope we learn from our mistakes and look better next week against Washington for Monday Night Football.

I finally saw The Bourne Identity and Supremacy this past weekened. If you haven't seen them I highly recommend watching them back to back. You will get more out of the plot lines if the details are fresh on your mind. In other entertainment news, congrats to The Amazing Race for pulling down the Best Reality-Competition Emmy two years in a row and skunking Survivor and The Apprentice again!

Have good week!
As always EVERYONE is welcome to post comments.

7 Comments:

  • Tue Sep 21, 07:31:00 AM CDT
    Blogger Fonty sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Glad to see that I could make your blog Mike. Kind words, but the truth is I have to wear my frenchmaid outfit during the week to get free time on the weekend. Anything for my friends. Don't ask by the way, she enjoys it for some reason.

     
  • Tue Sep 21, 07:47:00 PM CDT
    Anonymous Anonymous sat naked at the computer and typed…

    "I am sure the worst is yet to come. I've seen a few comrads sucked into the bottomless vortex of marriage never to be seen again and it's definitely discouraging. I don't want a marriage that opens up my head like a bear trap and sucks out my soul. I still think there is a better alternative . . . "

    Pathetic. How sad for Ally. The fact you would post something like this shows your total disrespect for her. She's thinking that the best is yet to come, a future with you. Yet you 've basically told her that being married to her equals the worst days of your souless life.

    The better alternative is that she realize she is worthy of so much more. She is worthy of someone who cannot wait to spend the rest of his life with her. That she is an amazing woman with whom someone better than you would love to pick out matching towels. She is worthy of someone who is happy to merely be in her company.

    Relationships are about balance and about trust and about respect. You've just broadcast to the world that your relationship with Ally means nothing to you. That her feelings, needs and desires come after your's. If I were her, I would be embarassed and humiliated that my boyfriend thinks so little of our relationship and that I learned I was dating such an arrogant jerk.

    Try something new. Try putting her first for once. Try keeping your mouth shut and your selfish ideas and needs away. This world isn't about you. You have to think beyond yourself. Even if you were "joking" by posting these comments, it's crass, rude, hurtful and totally disrespectful. It's not cool and it's not macho.

     
  • Tue Sep 21, 07:47:00 PM CDT
    Anonymous Anonymous sat naked at the computer and typed…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • Tue Sep 21, 08:50:00 PM CDT
    Anonymous Anonymous sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Learned something new today - a blog gives the author the opportunity to tell the world about himself. The unfortunate aspect is that we (nearly all who read this)confirmed you only care about one thing and that one thing is "Mike." This blog is one in a continuing series of selfish actions that show you do not care about anyone other than yourself. The fortunate aspect is that Ally now knows how you speak of her and your relationship, to your "friends."

     
  • Tue Sep 21, 11:52:00 PM CDT
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems I've struck a nerve. Such scathing remarks warrant nothing more than a chuckle from me considering that the source couldn't even reveal their identity. But rest assured the reach of this blog is not far just yet so its easy to narrow down the list of suspects. Anonymous isn't so anonymous. :)

    Anyway, enjoy the "anonymous" rant because I assure you it will be the last. This person can't even pretend to know me or know anything of my relationship.

     
  • Wed Sep 22, 12:40:00 PM CDT
    Blogger the reeser sat naked at the computer and typed…

    i must say that some of these comments are retarded, but hey that's blog world i guess. i guess some people just like to hear themselves type.

    much respect for a guy that not only knows what a sconce is, but isn't afraid to blog-cast this fact to the world (or at least the 105 people who have
    seen this).

     
  • Wed Sep 22, 03:33:00 PM CDT
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment