----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Friday, October 01, 2004

Relationships

I just got back to the hotel from the pre-wedding activities for Ally's sister's wedding and it was a good time. I was able to meet a lot of her family that I had heard a lot about but had never met. Those family members seemed happy to have finally me too I think. The rehearsal dinner was at a mexican place and the food was pretty good. They had a beer tap on almost every table which was the groom's idea and very cool. I realized tonight how much I enjoy being around Ally's family. Especially her parents. They are good-hearted people who are very family-oriented and care deeply for their daughters. I find myself wanting to build strong relationships with them and let them know that I have their and Alison's best interests in mind. After being together for almost 3 years I think it is important for them to feel like my intentions are true and that I am working to build a comfortable and successful life for Ally and I to enjoy. I am so eager to finish school (December!!) so I can get on with my life and career. This will also be the next logical step in our relationship which will allow us to take things to the next level and all those other cliche phrases that couldn't ever capture the true feelings that go along with those progressions. In fact, I am pretty sure there aren't words for the moments when you look at someone and think "I want to spend the rest of my life with her." Just waxing emotional for a bit and attempting to capture some pretty significant moments in a great relationship.

3 Comments:

  • Mon Oct 04, 08:10:00 AM CDT
    Blogger Fonty sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Oh, for the love of Queen Mary (the boat that is)! Mike, Mike, Mike. . .we need to talk. What are you writing about? Ally (can I call you that?), if you are reading, understand that this kind of "emotional waxing" is just a bunch of bleeping bleep. You should understand, I mean look at Moria and I. We can't stand each other, but we sure do put on a happy face when around our friends. Also, the whole family-in-law crap, that is shoveling, if you know what I mean. Moria's mom is this fat-arse, negative thinking, communist. Her dad still smokes the funny stuff and her sister is knocked up. Can't stand to be around them. . .no seriously, ya'll are a beautiful couple. I mean if Mike didn't realize what he had soon, I would have had to step in and well, I shouldn't write about that, now should I? But I will sum it up in one word, threesome-baby! Moria keeps telling me I type the quiet things outloud and keep the loud things quiet. Don't know what she means. . .Fonty

     
  • Mon Oct 04, 08:36:00 PM CDT
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Indeed, the quiet part was typed aloud.

    I hope you are talking about bun and frank and not bookends, cause if you aren't then we got problems. Either way, I'm going to need the cash up front.

     
  • Tue Oct 05, 02:16:00 PM CDT
    Blogger theghosher sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Mike:

    wow.. our boy's all grown up! It's hard going into the family experience without worrying about how you look to the future in-laws.. Jill and I are finally married and I still feel like I have to prove to them how much I love her and how much I want to protect her.. even if it's from them! It's a fine line man... just do your best...

    Beer tap at every table... heaven.

     

Post a Comment