----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Photo Op

I am pretty sure I don't have anything to blog about today, but I thought I might give it a try. You might have noticed that I finally posted a real picture of myself. The funniness wore off the James Brown mugshot long ago, but I have just been too lazy to change it. I'm not actually black or a crackhead or have a bad afro...SURPRISE! I replaced it with one of my favorite pics of myself. It was taken at the now defunct Club Spy that used to be our old stomping ground in Houston. My roommate and I went there almost every weekend and we made friends with the whole operating staff of the club. We thought we were cool because we never waited in line and never paid cover which was 10 bucks, and never paid markat rate on our tab. We were good friends with the bartenders in the VIP room and hardly ever left its safe confines to mingle with the common folk. Spy was also a 23+ club which neither of us were at the time, but it didn't matter. For a couple of years there, we were gods. Everyone knew our names, the bartender knew what I was drinking and knew how to make the drink I invented. We also rubbed shoulders with the likes of professional sports stars and local celebrities about town. One interesting anecdote was when one of the regulars who was a professional polo player offered to have his driver take one of our drunk comrads home in his private limo so we could continue partying the night away. Those were definitely good times. If I could go back and do it again, I would drink less tequila, muster the stones to hit on more girls and I would definitely take a certain someone up on doing donuts in his Ferrari in the middle of downtown after last call.

I also fixed my sidebar and posted a couple of links to my favorite blogs so check them out on the right. --->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment