----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Sunday, January 02, 2005

A look back

I spent the final hours of 2004 with close friends enjoying a meal we thought would never end. Well mostly enjoying...the butternut squash bisque was a little sagey and the potatoes au-gratin was a little undercooked, but who was really keep score anyway? The company was the feature of the night and as we all sat at the table trying to be proper (and trying to sneak the word "moist" into the conversation) I realized what good friends I have. Despite the fact that we've all been scattered to the wind over the last year or so, we go to great lengths to get together on a pretty regular basis. I hope that continues for a long time.

2004 was an important year in my life. It was the year I graduated from college and earned that little piece of paper that will unlock so many doors to my future. It was the year I came to the realization that it was time to grow up a bit and leave certain things/people/habits behind. I'm not big on resolutions, but I do have a couple of goals for 2005. First and foremost, finding a job. Somewhere behind that falls getting a place, getting fit, and getting...well let's just see how things turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment