----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I ARE A GRADUATE!

Man, I feel like a deadbeat blogger! First I let my TAR blog die and then I don't update for 2+ weeks. I should be flogged with a broken mouse! Contrary to popular belief, I am alive and I survived finals.

I can honestly say that my Accounting final was easily one of the hardest finals in my entire college career, but I got through it and passed the class! PROPS TO ME! My other two finals were easier though so I guess things balanced out. As I mentioned before, I took a course at another school in addition to UTA so I actually had a final Monday night for that class after I had graduated from UTA on Sunday. Believe me when I tell you it was VERY HARD to make myself study for another final after I had already "graduated", but I knew if I bombed the final I wouldn't pull the required "C" needed for a transfer credit so I persevered and knocked it out like a champ. I was FINALLY able to check my grades today for that class and it's a go!

I are a graduate now! I can't even explain the feeling I felt walking across that stage. Well, I take that back...I can explain the feeling of the vain in my forehead swelling to capacity as the moron administrator pronounced my name wrong. I guess a phonetic spelling on my card and a practice session beforehand just wasn't enough! It could have been worse though...a couple of people in the row behind me were hacked because he didn't annouce that they were summa cum laude/cum laude. All that hard work/studying/not having a girlfriend/etc for 4+ plus years so on your big day you can be lumped in with the rest of us morons. HA! But there was no way I was letting that guys steal my thunder! I could barely here my family cheering for me and believe me it was not because they weren't cheering loud. I was definitely having one of those surreal, heartbeat-is-pretty-much-the-only-thing-you-can-hear, holy shittake mushrooms this is really happening moments! After it was all over, all the graduates filed out and waited for their people to come out in the front of the building. My mom was the first one out and I could see her beaming with pride for her gradute son! The rest of my family and Alison were close behind and they showed the same expressions. Thanks for all your support guys! I don't want a picture of me in that stupid gown and hat, I want one of everyone looking at me. That's what I want to remember! It was truly a great moment for Mike!

So I spent the last week vegging out in front of the TV playing Halo 2 and just doing NOTHING! It was a great feeling to not have to rush home from work so I could relax for a few minutes before having to bomb out for school again. My next big hurdle is getting my resume updated. I have been working on it a little, but for the most part I have put it off. A small part of me is delaying the progress in hopes of savoring this break from the madness just a little while longer, but another part of me really wants to get out of my current job for the bigger and the better. Mostly the bigger and the better money, apartment and life in general. I am stoked about what this new year will hold for me. I think it will be one of the most influencial years of my life. Stay tuned for that! 2005 HERE I COME!

2 Comments:

  • Tue Dec 21, 08:11:00 AM CST
    Blogger the reeser sat naked at the computer and typed…

    tadaaooow! congrats mike!

     
  • Tue Dec 21, 10:17:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    HOLY BEAN SPROUTS, BATMAN! HE DID IT! Congrats, Mike of the Unpronounceable Name! btw: I'll totally edit your resume for you if you like. No shite. A graduation gift. Seriously.

     

Post a Comment