----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Did I Move To Seattle?

It's done nothing but rain here for what seems like 2 weeks straight and its really starting to grate on me. My mood is definitely down! No wonder Seattle has a high suicide rate. A couple more months like this and I would be ready to sit in the garage with the car running too! (Note to all: this is not my cry for help.)

Speaking of Seattle and suicide and Kurt Cobain. Ok so we weren't talking about Kurt Cobain and this is my lousy attempt at a segway into talking about music. So I've been listening to some good music lately. The most recent, noteable additions to my collection are:
  • Gavin Degraw
    Chariot + Bonus Chariot Stripped CD


  • Coheed and Cambria
    Second Stage Turbine Blade


  • Snow Patrol
    Final Straw


  • Snow Patrol
    When It's All Over...[IMPORT]


  • Roni Size
    Touching Down


  • Earlimart
    Everyone Down Here


  • Interpol
    Antics
As you can probably tell my music tastes are leaning towards Indie as of late. I have Matt and Alisa to thank for the inspiration. I was in one of those music ruts where all my CDs were starting to sound the same, but I'm back on track wit da jamz.

6 Comments:

  • Wed Nov 24, 08:54:00 AM CST
    Blogger kat sat naked at the computer and typed…

    hey mike! thanks for commenting over on my blog!
    kurt's suicide note is very eerie. i had never seen it before.
    you look familiar to me. your last name isnt seymour, is it?

     
  • Wed Nov 24, 10:02:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    In case you are wondering how I ended up at your blog, I hit a link from Toole's blog on his latest post. I agree with you that he should stop not blogging! That guy cracks me up! And his roommate...geez...don't even get me started on that guy!

    As for the suicide note...it IS pretty creepy! I found a translation here which also has a picture of the death certificate. Very interesting stuff. I am pretty sure we've never met and seymour is my middle name. Last name Butts. Whaaaa! Ok that was too easy.

     
  • Wed Nov 24, 12:10:00 PM CST
    Blogger kat sat naked at the computer and typed…

    ok, ha ha. but you seriously look like this guy i used to know in texas. just curious.
    hope you start liking seattle more!

     
  • Mon Dec 06, 11:59:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Matt: thanks for the shout out. Loved it! While you're at it, pick up Built to Spill's "Ancient Melodies of the Future." It's a classic, a groundbreaker, a good-time listen and a must for any collection.

     
  • Tue Dec 07, 07:45:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Did you just call me Matt?

     
  • Wed Dec 08, 09:18:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    doh! total brain fart, MIKE. I'm stressed. I have a divorce, a refi, a new job, some horrible dental work coming up and some sort of a 48-hour bug. bear with me. YOU ARE NOT MATT. I KNOW THIS. Oh, the horror! So solly.

     

Post a Comment