----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Weather I Wanted

Just like clockwork November ushers in great weather. Troy Dungan was particularly excited, in his red blazer and matching bowtie, to report the cooler weather for the next couple of days last night on the news. I was late this morning because my bed was just too warm to get out of. I also woke up with a headache which is juuuuust great! I can't stand waking up with a headache that I didn't earn the night before. The way my head was pounding I could have swore it was beat flat on one side with a 2x4, but a brave glance in the mirror proved me wrong. I made my way downstairs and checked the digital thermometer outside which read 37. Wow! That's pretty crazy considering this time last week we were in the 70s. I opened up the door to let my dog out and a perfectly timed breeze whipped in the door and slammed us both in the face. She immediately turned and headed back to her bed. I wanted to do the same, but I was already late for work so I needed to hurry. It's really a vicious cycle though when I am late. A couple years of analysis have proven there is a window of about 15 minutes for me to leave the house and be on the road with minimal traffic. If I miss that window traffic is 2wice as hectic and my commute time doubles (argh!). Especially when you get behind a city bus, a moving truck and a 18 wheeler driving down the road like neighbors and blocking the whole frickin' highway! I also had the benefit of almost plowing one of the morons that works in my building this morning because they apperently don't know how to use a blinker when turning into the garage. I am going to stop now before this turns into a traffic tirade the likes of which no one should be subjected to this early in the day. I will now take deep breaths and try to make it through today without my head exploding. Thank the Lord for Excedrin Migraine.

6 Comments:

  • Mon Nov 08, 05:46:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Mike. Mikemikemikemikemike. Two things:
    1. Traffic tirades are instant comedy. Never cut a good one short.
    2. Though Neil Diamond says "Thank the Lord for the Night-Time," I say, "Thank the Lord for strong liquor." For a traffic-induced headache, I recommend 2 parts vanilla rum to 4 parts coca-cola. Booze. It does a body good!

     
  • Tue Nov 09, 07:38:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Duly noted Alisa. From now on, I will continue with the traffic tirade. The way I drive it could become a daily installment.

    My weapon of choice is 2 parts Bombay Sapphire and 4 parts lemon/lime carbonated beverage. Stirred, not shaken, garnish with lime, serve over ice.

    I've noticed from your posts and your comments that you are very into lists these days(1, 2, etc). Is this a byproduct of the structure and organization they are beating into your head at the new job? You have been assimilated. You haven't started reading 5 newpapers a day have you?! I think you need some "Chinese eggplant dish" to clear your mind.

     
  • Tue Nov 09, 06:51:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Mike, I haven't read one newspaper in 5 days! And yes, a little Chinese eggplant dish would do this body good, but instead I'm going to talk dirty to my friend in NYC over hotmail. Eh, it's a living.

     
  • Wed Nov 17, 08:28:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    btw: how old are you anyway? graduate? school??? sounds perfect! i am in need of a new Puppy. check my blog for an application!

     
  • Thu Nov 18, 07:24:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    I will be the ripe old age of 26 come end of January. I am graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Management Information Systems. As for the puppy business, I don't know that it would work out. I have a hard time separating the physical from the emotional part of relationships so...wait...what am I saying? Shoot me an email with the contract. I'll have my people give it a once over. :)

     
  • Thu Nov 18, 10:26:00 PM CST
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Twenty-six! You are the perfect puppy age. Old enough to know better, but still young enough to give it the good old college try. And don't worry - no emotions and no physical here, so Ally can rest easy. I just need a bit of arm candy and a few compliments thrown my way as we laugh and debauch ourselves through a few live music shows, a couple of stupid movies, and many night spent enjoying boozetastic adventures from a plush naugahyde barstool. Bring the little woman, in fact. I think we'll get along swell. And for me, it'll be more than a puppy - it's a whole litter!

     

Post a Comment