----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Three Year Anniversary

Today marks 3 years Alison and I have been together. It all started with a perfect first date at the Cheesecake Factory and the rest is history. We sort of agreed that our big New Year's Eve trip would count as our anniversary celebration, but I was a little miffed when I realized she had made plans for a get-together at her house tonight that seemingly only included me as an after-thought. It would include her two friends from her previous job that she never sees anymore who have a way of making her feel really guilty for not getting together regularly. Since I feel a little fifth wheel about the whole situation I opted out. I was further miffed to realize that she didn't even remember the date. I know guys aren't really supposed to remember dates for things like this, but what can I say...I'm a real catch!

We had a conversation about it last night and I insisted that she not cancel with her friends...especially since she would catch never-ending grief about it. And I accept partial responsibility for not expressing interest in doing something when she told me on Monday that she had planned the soirée. But I am a little dissapointed that this wasn't in her mind like it was mine this week. Further miffage (ok stop saying miff or any form of it) was experienced when I found out they had planned something, but had no exact time nailed down. I don't know which would be worse...having rock solid plans for tonight or the fact that they have loosey-goosey-just-whenever plans that still mess us up. Today she is back on the "lemme cancel it" kick and I'm not having it. On general principle I will not let her cancel it and I will also not attend. Oh the quandary. So tonight I will be celebrating at home watching the return of Lost and Alias. Jennifer Garner is almost as hot, but damn those restraining orders!

UPDATE: Before Ally even read the post she called to tell me that their activity had crumbled. Hmm...with all the good vibes I was sending that way I am very surprised (*evil laugh*). I told her that I would attempt to clear my calender tonight and get back to her. Considering its going to be 28 and raining tonight I doubt we will go out. Probably just a quiet night at home watching...yeah you guessed it...Lost and Alias. At least we'll be together.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment