----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Move

Well this weekend is the big move. Al and I started packing boxes last night and man do I have a lot of junk. I did my best to cull it out and only take the essentials, but it was hard to leave behind some of it. We spent the weekend shopping for furniture which ended up being quite the beating. Fortunaltely for everyone involved it had a happy ending and I made a furniture purchase late Sunday night. In fact, they were closing the store when I was signing the papers and paying. Nothing like dropping serious coin on furniture to make you feel like an adult. Ally and I were discussing the fact that this is the first time I have actually paid for furniture. In my previous apartments and dormrooms the furniture was aquired by other means (hand-me-downs, parent's friend's old furniture, and even the curbside special on one occation). I actually really miss that curbside chair. I was a brown pleather recliner with black electrical tape on the seat and arms (done very nice of course). I was driving through my old neighborhood back when I lived in Houston and saw it sitting out on the curb for the trash pick up. I pulled up, popped the hatch and tossed it in the back of the old Explorer. The hilarous part was when I got home with it and lifted it over my head to put it in the garage like 4 dollars in change rained down on me. A bonus on a truly spectacular home furnishing find. It graced the living room of my first tiny apartment and was always covered with a blanket when I had people over (he didn't like to talk about his scars in front of company).

But enough about my old furniture! I am actually pretty excited about the new stuff I bought. I got a brown (real)leather couch, chair and ottoman. I also purchased quite possibly the coolest piece of furniture ever made. It is a coffee table that has a lift top which lifts and swings towards the couch. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Very cool indeed! After I saw it in the showroom it was only a matter of finding a couch to match it. The only catch to the whole furniture purchase was the wait for delivery. It is coming from "factory direct" for a far off place and wouldn't be delivered from three weeks. DOH! So for the first couple of weeks I will be sitting on the floor watching TV in the living room. I agree with Alisa that watching the boobtoob just isn't as much fun if you don't have some sort of sofa to drape your lifeless body across.

I try to keep you guys posted on the latest move news. I know everyone is glued to their monitors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment