----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My PGA Tour Credentials Came In The Mail Today

So I figured it was time to swing the wrenches a bit. There is nothing more humbling than really sucking at something. Today was the day for my suck-star to shine. I dusted off the Caddyshack bag of garage sale clubs and headed for the driving range with the cuz. Let's get down to the brass tacks...my swing sucks. I liken it to the motion of an epileptic giraffe (if you can picture that). To be fair to myself I did send a couple of them whizzing in a somewhat straight-forward direction. But most of them ended up sending dirt farther than the actual ball and left my hands numb from the continual thump of hitting the ground. All in all it was a good time. I got outside on the warmest day of the season and sweated a little so I can't complain. Well, actually, I can complain a little because now my back hurts from using muscles I normally don't use while sitting in front of the TV or my computer.

1 Comments:

  • Wed Feb 23, 08:44:00 AM CST
    Blogger Fonty sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Nice work Mike. Now, only 10,000 more beaten balls and you'll perfect that epilectic giraffe. Good luck, but don't call me. My swing tips consist of saying seventeen and pairing the elbow quietly to my side while integrating the downward motion of my hips to the squatting sensation in my knees. That results in a pull-through flip of the wrists at impact compacting the ball against the ground and clubface.

     

Post a Comment