----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Impact

Today I figured out that it is impossible to blog while Seinfeld is on. I popped in the Seinfeld Season 1 DVD and I am watching the pilot episode for background noise while trying to formulate/type a post and ITS. JUST. NOT. WORKING. Maybe it's because I have never seen this episode all the way through, but I kinda doubt it. I am pretty sure there is something about Seinfeld that blocks the blog synapses from the finger synapses. Maybe thats why I haven't updated in a week...yeah yeah...that's the ticket!

Things have been a little crazy over the past week, but then again if they weren't I think I'd be worried. It seems like the only time things ever slow down is right before something big hits and that is almost never the good big something. Most of my free time over the course of the week was spent looking for a job or hanging out with Al. I did end up making a day trip on Wednesday to a little town outside of Tyler, Texas for a funeralfor my uncle Bill. So my family, Ally and I all drove up for the day. It was a great service, probably one of the best funerals I have ever been to. I know that sounds really wierd...believe me that it was wierd to type. But it was a celebration of his life and his legacy more so than most funerals I can remember. One of the best parts of the service was when the Pastor opened up the pulpit to allow anyone to share their thoughts/feelings/etc. Some were long, some were short, but they were all heart-felt and sincere. For me, funerals always get me thinking about the legacy I will leave and the life I am leading on a daily basis. I think it reminds you that, as corny as it sounds, it's never to late to start having an impact on the people around you. Whether it's by your interactions with them or the impact you have by living your life in a way that they would want to model themselves after you. Striving to be a role model, in my opinion, is one of the strongest driving forces out there. So I move on with that in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment