----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Monday, February 07, 2005

The unSuper Bowl

I woke up from my nap just in time to catch the start of the second quarter. I attempted to watch the pre-game show and festivities, but the repetition of Timmy, Terry, Howie and Jimmy (and Huey, Duey and Luey?) commentary lulled me right to sleep. As I repeated yesterday and several days leading up to the game, this was the first time I can ever remember being completely unexcited to watch the Super Bowl. In recent years I haven't cared for the teams competing, but I watched because it was the second to last game of the season, for the commercials and overall just because it was football. But this year was different. My TWO LEAST FAVORITE teams playing, the washed up Beatle Paul McCartney performing at half-time, and all the media hype about the intended tameness of this year's big game was enough to force me to put it on the back burner. Granted, I did watch the game, but I didn't 1) drink beer, 2) root for either team, or 3) go out of my way to make elaborate plans to unite as many people in one place to watch (as I was accustom to in years past).

In recap:
It was nice to see Philly get donkey punched at the end, even if it was by the Beantown Ballers. The Turdbirds remain the only team in the NFC East without a Super Bowl win...Eat that! The commercials were ok. The halftime show SUCKED and Amy Poehler lied to us about McCartney whipping out his dong (actually that's probably a good thing).

Go Cowboys!!

2 Comments:

  • Thu Feb 10, 10:20:00 PM CST
    Blogger the reeser sat naked at the computer and typed…

    could have been worse... ashley simpson could have been peeling paint off the walls at halftime. come to think of it, she was probably scheduled until they saw her at the orange bowl and new year's thing.

    by the way, any word on the job?

     
  • Sun Feb 13, 08:06:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    I agree that it defintely could have been worse. They could have allowed Mickey Rooney's commercial to air, or Paris Hilton to be a sideline reporter, etc etc. Don't even get me started on Ashlee Simpson. See this post for more on my thoughts about that.

    As far as the job is concerned...I have a second interview on Monday(2/14). Everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed. I know it's hard to walk and function like that, but hey! I need a new job! Greater good people!

     

Post a Comment