----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Homeland Insecurity

Since I refuse to pay Microsoft for a premium account my hotmail has become almost unusable. The amount of spam I recieve is really quite amazing. Now if I upgrade my account they will offer "better spam protection", but I'm not giving in. Microsoft is probably paying these spammers to spend crap to my account in hopes of driving me to the brink. Every once in a while though, the spam subject lines catch my attention. The latest one that caught my eye was from "YOU CAN BE A COP" with the subject line "Homeland Security is xEVERYONE'Sx Job." The email wasn't text based or I would have pasted it in here. The highlights to this great advertisement read as follows:
"Investigate a rewarding career...Get your Criminal Justice degree FAST! Programs include National Security, Law Enforcement, Terrorism, and Criminal Investigation."
It's a little disturbing that places are fast-tracking people through degrees so they can protect our country. I know I'm going to sleep better at night knowing that people with bargain basement, receive-it-in-the-mail "Criminal Justice" degrees are standing watch. So I decided I would get out there and make a difference! I would get my Criminal Justice degree in order to protect our nation. Well, until I clicked on the next email down. They were offering me "$500 to $10,000 to work from home" so I think I'm gonna do that. Sorry Homeland Security.

2 Comments:

  • Wed Feb 02, 05:53:00 PM CST
    Blogger apple sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Hotmail has upgraded my account randomly to 250MB .. and now I don't even use 1% whereas before it was reaching 95% each day because of the spam. I don't know why they upgraded it, but it's pretty cool. Why don't you use gmail - they give you a gig.

     
  • Wed Feb 02, 06:12:00 PM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Yeah I ended up with the 250MB deal from Hotmail too, but they keep trying to reel me in for the premium account. I get an email from them about once every two weeks. I have 3 gmail addresses, but until recently when they added POP3 access I didn't do anything with them. I always end up using the hotmail account against my will because it's tied to my Messenger account and people assume that's where I want things sent.

    BTW, if anyone wants a Gmail address email me at:
    mikeblogging at gmail dot com

     

Post a Comment