----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Valentine's Day Recap

It's the most romantic day of the year. Or at least that's what the card, flower, candy and jewelry peddlers want you to think. In a very unguy-like move, I ordered Ally's flowers online about a week ago and they were delivered promptly in the morning. YES! I also bought my mom 2 dozen yellow roses which I later found out means "friendship." Leave it to women to devise a code for the color of roses. A guy thinks he's doing good to get a girl beautiful roses and then he finds out the color means he wants to paint her garage. Whatever the code/colors meant, both Ally and my mom loved their flowers and smothered me with smooches.

Since Ally and I ran around crazy all weekend and had a very nice dinner on Friday night with Chuck and his...date, we decided to play it low key for the evening activities. We had planned ahead to make King Ranch Chicken (YUM!) and Al busted out with some awesome bean, corn, salsa dip for an appetizer. While the KRC was in the oven, she sprung another surprise on me. We were going to make homemade bon bons! Could such culinary debauchery be performed in the safety of one's own home?! I had my doubts, but I'm here to tell you that you can and should! The ingredients included crushed oreos, cream cheese, and almond bark. Basically we crushed a whole bag of oreos and then mixed them with cream cheese and rolled them into balls, then dipped our balls (ha!) in the almond bark. And by the way, almond bark is neither almond nor bark. They turned out great and were VERY rich.

After our excellent dinner we did something really romantic, but I really shouldn't talk about it. Do you wanna know? Okay just don't tell anyone else. We wrote my resignation letter. Whew! I know...hot action! Oh yeah and we also shopped on potterybarn.com! That was our red-hot Valentine's day and I loved every minute with my red-headed gal!

3 Comments:

  • Wed Feb 16, 09:22:00 AM CST
    Blogger Fonty sat naked at the computer and typed…

    Arghh! Enough of the lovey-dovey crud. I can't afford to have Moria reading this or it might require a Dr. Phil session. Did you watch the Amazing Race couple on that last night? Hehe. . .now talk about something interesting like configuring me a printing solution! Ha, what goes around comes around. . .

     
  • Wed Feb 16, 09:59:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    I didn't watch it, but I TiVoed it. I will have to check it out. Generally Dr. Phil annoys the hell out of me, but I would like to see him ripping Jon a new one.

    And I got ya printing solution right here buddy!

     
  • Wed Feb 16, 10:18:00 AM CST
    Blogger Mike sat naked at the computer and typed…

    You may walk over here saying helpdesk jockeys, but they are gonna roll you away.

    And I got your help desk jockey right here buddy!

     

Post a Comment