----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Monday, February 14, 2005

The 2nd Interview

Today started off pretty frantic. I woke up suddenly to realize I had turned my alarm off and laid back down. I wouldn't have been so bad if the time showing on my clock was more than 10 minutes before I was supposed to be at work. DOH! So it was flight of the bumblebee around my house getting ready and shaving, which has to be one of my least favorite activities in the morning. Especially when I am in a hurry. One of the benefits of having an electric shaver is that you really have to try hard to cut open your jugular. Lucky me, right? To top it all off, I had to put on my half suit (suit pants and dress shirt) in anticipation of my interview after work today. More on that later. Ally was nice enough yesterday to iron and starch the new shirt we picked out this weekend so if nothing else, THAT will look snazzy. I grabbed my coat and tie and bolted out the door. I was finally on my way to work when I do the little pat-your-pockets-to-make-sure-you-got-everything maneuver and realize I don't have my cell phone! ARRRRGG! If I were a cartoon character I would have had steam coming out my ears and a giant exclamation mark hovering over my head. I whipped my car around and headed back home. I am now 20 minutes late. When I dart back into my house it was still pitch dark. I fell over a pet taxi, a laundry basket and even slipped down two stairs before regaining control of my ascension (dang slick dress shoes!). When I found my cell phone it was sitting right where I had left it on the charger. It looked up and said, "I knew you'd be back." Curse you technology that I can't live without!

I jumped back in the car after shaking the laundry basket free of my leg and raced to work. Have you ever had a morning where you get up early and you say to yourself, "I'm going to take it easy this morning? I'm gonna relax, have a cup of coffee and get dressed slow. I'm not going to speed on the way to work, I'm just gonna take it eaaassssy." Yeah me neither! But I am pretty sure ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE ROAD IN FRONT OF ME WERE IN THAT MINDSET! And they all wanted to drive in the fast lane. They wanted to just chill out and take it eeeaassy. While I am late, behind them and going out of my MIND!

So I get to work 30 minutes late. No one really seems to notice or care and I'm parked at my cube in Cubeville trying not to look conspicuous in my fancier than a normal Monday duds. Now the countdown begins to my interview. This will actually be my second interview with this company and I am once again in the try-not-to-get-excited phase. I don't want to get pumped up about it until it happens, but I am hoping they will make me an offer today. After all, they did tell me in the first interview that the second would be to meet the VP and make an offer, sooooooo. I have the joy of knowing this day will be lengthened by my anticipation. This definitely falls in the category of a try-not-to-get-excited violation, but I was thinking about how cool it would be to have an easy-to-remember, landmark date like Valentine's Day 2005 as the day I got hired to my first big shot, high paying, "I have arrived" kind of job. So everyone keep those fingers, toes, eyes, whatever crossed and send me good vibes at around 3PM CST.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment