----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Monday, April 11, 2005

Moving On

So I put down my deposit for an apartment on Friday. I went over after work and filled out the beating of an application and then wrote them a check. I sat there for 20 minutes filling out this application only to give it to the leasing agent, Jack, and hear "Ohh, I just needed this top information here." "ARGH! I thought it was a little much, but I had just convinced myself that sperm count and shoe size were important pieces of information when leasing an apartment!" So that is all taken care of. My move in date is the 30th of this month, but Jack asked me to come back around the 20th and pick out my parking spot in the garage and iron out the last details before move in. The coolest thing about my new place is the location with respect to work and Ally. I am literally less than 5 minutes from work and could probably make it there faster if I hit all the lights right. It is going to be GREAT for my sanity to not have to fight horrendous traffic everyday back and forth to work. As for Al, I am just a quick run up the tollway and I'm there. It shall be the shiz!

I'm stoked to have my own place once again. It's been waaaaaay to long! The challenge for the next couple of weeks is to find furniture to decently fill up the place. Somehow I think I will be sitting on the floor watching TV at first. I'm also almost totally convinced that I won't have local phone service. I figure with my cell phone there is not really a need. I have a good enough plan with enough minutes that I don't need to pay an additional 20+ bucks a month to have another phone I never use. Especially since I plan on getting cable broadband. If I really see a need for a home phone then I might pony up for Vonage or a similar VOIP carrier. I've wanted to give it a spin for a while and this would be a good chance.

I've also been looking into satellite options since the complex is pre-wired with dishes. I figured out for 45 bucks a month I can get all the channels I regularly watch. I'm really gungho to get The Military Channel. A channel of nothing, but flexing the military muscle of the United States! HOW COOL IS THAT?!

1 Comments:

  • Mon Apr 18, 11:27:00 PM CDT
    Blogger Alisa sat naked at the computer and typed…

    there is no doubtaboutit: commuting sux! you get yourself some furniture, though. I'll bet that girlfriend of yours would appreciate it. and what's the fun of watching tv if you can't lie prone on a sofa at the same time?!?

     

Post a Comment