----------------------------------------------- */

Mike's Blog

To boldly blog what no man has blogged before. Enjoy at your own risk!!

Thursday, October 07, 2004

My Friday

I know it is kind of annoying to hear, but today is my Friday since I work Sun-Thurs. If I can just make it through work and then class tonight I am home free for a hopefully relaxed weekend. Of course, that is easier said than done considering that my last class tonight, Accounting for Managers, is like having your teeth pulled by an epileptic orangutan with a pair of rusty, salty pliers.

I notice something interesting this morning during my commute. I didn't have the radio on and I was driving in complete silence to work. I don't have a very long commute and the traffic is not that bad unless I get a late start so my drive averages about 15-20 mins. But I normally have the radio on listening to either a CD or the goofnuts on a morning show who think they are so funny. I am hardly ever in the car without the radio blarring. This sometimes drives Ally nuts. She's a bit of a volume nazi and can't stand the radion any louder than mouse fart level. It's endearing though and it rarely causes problems unless she jacks with the volume during my jam!! I always inch the volume back up with the steering wheel controls when shes not looking. Today I drove in silence though. Maybe I was in deep thought or maybe my brain was just off. I noticed it right as I was getting off at my exit. The same exit I considering blowing right by everyday on my way to anywhere but work. Luckily, not much is open at 6AM so I don't have many viable options. I guess I could go cruise around the 24hr WallyWorld like in the old college days, but I don't crave Ramen like I used to.

1 Comments:

  • Sat Oct 09, 04:32:00 PM CDT
    Blogger Texas Gurl sat naked at the computer and typed…

    LOVE the deep thoughts!! Maybe she wouldn't mind the music played loudly if it was music she liked...just a guess. i have to crank the volume up to drown out my truly awful singing voice. hehe

     

Post a Comment